CHANGES-IPPTOOL.txt [plain text]
CHANGES-IPPTOOL.txt - 2012-02-28
This file provides a list of changes to the ipptool binary distribution posted
- Changed behavior of WITH-VALUES "/regex/" to not require all values to
- Added WITH-ALL-VALUES directive for EXPECT predicates that require all
values to match.
- Updated test files to use WITH-ALL-VALUES where necessary.
- Updated test files to use new ABNF for media names from PWG Media
- Fixed the packaging of ipptool on Windows (removed unnecessary DLLs)
- Fixed an crash in ipptool when mixing DISPLAY with -I and a failed
- Added a Print-Job test file.
- Added a "setdebug" batch file for Windows
- Added support for a CUPS_DISABLE_ASYNC_CONNECT environment variable.
- Fixed an issue with the IPP/1.1 test file where the "waiting for job
completion" test did not work.
- The attribute groups out of order error was not shown for the
- Fixed a truncated XML output bug that would happen for certain errors.
- Fixed the order-of-groups tests.
- Fixed "WITH-VALUE >N" for rangeOfInteger attributes.
- The Windows installer was missing the get-printer-attributes.test
- The Linux binaries are now compiled for all LSB 4.x-compliant Linux
- The Linux binaries no longer support SSL or TLS.
- Fixed a crasher bug that showed up on Windows.
- The IPP/1.1 test would hang if the initial Print-Job test failed.
- Fixed a typo in the IPP/2.0 test.
- Using OF-TYPE with the "no-value" or "unknown" out-of-band value tags
now works without special WITH-VALUE strings.
- ipptool now shows an error when an attribute appears more than once
within the same attribute group.
- ipptool did not display attributes as specified by the DISPLAY
directive when a test error failed.
- Fixed one spot where DEFINE-VALUE was still treated as an error when
the EXPECT test failed.
- uriScheme values were not displayed properly.
- Updated the IPP/1.1 tests to properly validate support for
job-hold-until-default and job-hold-until-supported when the Hold-Job
operation is supported.
- Updated the IPP/1.1 tests to properly check for the various standard
media sizes for the printing tests.
- Updated the IPP/1.1 tests to accept "no-value" for media-default an
- Updated the IPP/1.1 tests to accept "unknown" for job-state.
- Updated the IPP/1.1 tests to not perform the bogus URI printing tests
unless the "document-uri" variable is defined.
- Updated the IPP/2.0 tests to properly validate media-col
- Updated the IPP/2.2 tests to properly validate media-ready and
- Test output now includes a summary and overall score at the end.
- The MATCH-VALUE predicate now correctly deals with a failed EXPECT
- The IPP/1.1 test suite now looks for legacy media names and uses them
if the corresponding PWG standard names are not present.
- The IPP/1.1 test suite now tests the Print-Job+Release-Job when the
printer supports the job-hold-until attribute, Hold-Job operation, and
- Fixes for HTTP chunking, timeout, and encryption issues reported by
- Greatly improved IPP tests with added IPP/2.2 tests.
- New test documents - 1-page and 4-page mixed A4/Letter PDF/PS and a
- New REPEAT directives to programmatically repeat tests as needed.
- The Windows version no longer requires Visual Studio to be installed.
- The Windows version now supports SSL.
- Added "ipps" URI support.
- Added a new "-T" option.
- Added support for fractional seconds for the -i option and DELAY
- Added support for authentication.
- Added DEFINE-MATCH, DEFINE-NO-MATCH, DEFINE-VALUE, IF-NOT-DEFINED,
IGNORE-ERRORS, SKIP-IF-DEFINED, SKIP-IF-NOT-DEFINED,
- WITH-VALUE now supports variable expansion.
- Updated the IPP/1.1 conformance test to skip the "my-jobs different
user" test if the printer URI contains a username.
- Updated the IPP conformance tests to validate media, media-default,
and media-supported values.
- No longer error out if a Printer returns a different version number in
the response when the request contains the version 0.0.
- Initial release of standalone binary.